I think as moms, we all struggle with feeding our toddlers. Charlotte went through a stage when she just refused to eat. I would set down a plate of food and she would throw it on the floor. It can be frustrating when we work hard to fix food for our kids and they reject it. Of course, now Charlotte has grown up and has learned a lesson or two in table manners. I have also learned along the way and I thought I would share how I make mealtime a little more enjoyable and fun.
1) Placemats: I love the placemats from http://www.frecklebox.com/. They are personalized with the child’s name and they are colorful and exciting. These are also educational, because I can go over letters and spelling with the girls while fixing their meal.
2) Crazy Straws: You can get a pack of these at the Dollar Tree and it will make your kids’ day! We bought the color changing straws and the girls LOVE them. You can also find them on Amazon here:Plastic Squiggle Silly Straws, Assorted 4ct
3) Fun Dishes: Target has a great selection of kids plates that are great quality and really cute. We also use dishes from Ikea, which are very affordable.
4) Sprinkles: Now before you judge, this isn’t something that I do at every meal or every day. It’s just something I do every now and then to help brighten up their day. I will put them in yogurt, oatmeal, or applesauce. They love to help pour the sprinkles, but I do have to assist them or they will pour the whole jar in.
5) Silicone cupcake liners: These are great for lunch boxes, but I also use them everyday on the girls’ plates. I use them for veggies, fruit, cheese, dips, etc.
Ipow Silicone Cupcake Baking Muffin Cups Liners Molds Sets,24pack
Do you have special dishes for your little ones? How do you make meal time more fun?
Latest posts by Leigh-Ellen (see all)
- Laying the Foundation of the Christian Faith for Your Children - October 2, 2017
- Our Hearts are a Fixer Upper - September 15, 2017
- To the Mom Who Is Tired and Weary - September 5, 2017