I’ve recently shared with you a few products that help my little one sleep. While nap time and nights are not perfect, they have improved. One big reason why we have made progress is thanks to the Dockatot. Dockatot sent me their product to review and I can’t wait to tell you about it!
- It’s multi-functional: lounging, changing, tummy time, resting, playing, and bonding all in one amazing product.
- Mimics the womb: The cushion around baby creates a cuddly, cozy environment. It helps the baby feel more secure and safe.
- It’s portable and lightweight: My older children are able to bring it to me when my hands are full. Each Dockatot has two handles, one on the top and one on the side.
- The cover is removable and machine washable. Diaper leaks, spit up, and other accidents happen on a daily basis when you are caring for little ones. It’s really easy to clean up these messes with the Dockatot.
- Tummy Time: By using the rounded top, you can prop your baby up and help them build neck strength and motor skills.
- 100% breathable: When baby is positioned correctly they are breathing open air. The sides are low and slightly come out so that baby can’t press his/her face directly into mattress.
- Does not harbor heat
- Hypo Allergenic
- The rounded sides keep parents from rolling onto baby while co-sleeping.
Personally, I’m a fan! We have struggled to get Lydia to nap when the other children are napping and the Dockatot has (mostly) solved our dilemma. I’m able to nurse her to sleep and then gently move her to the Dockatot without waking her (most of the time).
I’m also able to lay her in it while I fold laundry or straighten up the house.
The only negative thing is that she loves the Dock a little too much.
Before receiving the Dockatot, we used the Arm’s Reach Co sleeper next to our bed. Our queen size bed is a little too small to use the Dockatot at night since my husband and I take up most of the bed. So now, she wakes up every time I put her in the Arm’s Reach co-sleeper and my poor husband often has had to sleep on the couch so that we can use the Dock.
I think the reason why she doesn’t sleep in the Arm’s Reach Co sleeper anymore is because she doesn’t feel as secure as she does in the Dockatot. So, when I transfer her from Dock to Arm’s Reach she wakes up.
I do love it though and it has allowed us to get some much needed rest, especially during the day.
Latest posts by Leigh-Ellen (see all)
- 80 Days of Trim Healthy Mama Challenge - August 7, 2017
- How I Keep Meal Planning Simple and Affordable - July 27, 2017
- Parenting with Self-Control: How We Can Be an Example of the Gospel to Our Children - July 15, 2017